Thursday, October 18, 2012

G-Slow joins Standart Music & releases "Yallah" featuring Noise Mob



G-Slow signs with music label Standart Music.



After having released recent beat tape “Elsewhere,” G-Slow kind of went under the radar again after thanking everyone for all the downloads off of his Soundcloud account, occasionally popping up on Twitter to RT his friends and their whereabouts, specifically the artists of Standart (RHYME-A- & Minos mainly). I should have known.

I should have known that if G-Slow were to sign somewhere, of course it’d be Standart. I guess it was natural of him to transition to the label since it was established by none other than Soul Company artists themselves. And looking at the paths that most of the artists (and DJs) in Soul Company went down, it’s hard to imagine G-Slow under a music label like Grandline Entertainment (housing Crucial Star and DJ Dopsh), Illionaire (The Quiett), or Jungle Entertainment (Loptimist, to which I still question every single day). If anything, I feel like G-Slow wasn’t doing so bad producing on his own as a sort of “freelance” producer in putting out his beat tape on his own or contributing as a producer for his friends (to name a recent few, Jerry.k’s “Love Stories” EP and RHYME-A-‘s recent single “Jealousy Says”).  

But more than him needing a music label, I feel like the situation is reversed in this case. I feel like it was Standart who needed G-Slow more than he needed them. Why?

Because Standart hasn’t been doing the best in the market you can say. When the label first kicked off, they got a lot of shit for it from the public as the three artists (Minos, Kebee, and RHYME-A-) were viewed as trying to make the “second Soul Company.” Not only that but their so-called “in-house producer” Electrue is rumored to be a cover-up for people to get off of Standart’s case that the label is trying to be the second rising Soul Company. In addition to that belief is the rumor that people believe Electrue is actually Kebee in disguise. Not only that but you can probably say that Noise Mob (unit promotion for Minos & RHYME-A-) necessarily hasn’t been doing well either in comparison to the others promoting and/or performing as a unit (i.e. Geeks, GetBackers, etc.). And with Kebee enlisted in the military, it looked like Standart needed a stable producer till Kebee discharged for him to fully participate in Standart.

Maybe I talked too much about the negatives. There has been some positive light for Standart too, Eluphant coming back with their album “Apollo” and RHYME-A- breaking hits with his recent digital singles for both the respective original and acoustic versions for “Jealousy Says,” “Smile,” and “When I Feel Alone.”

Going back on topic with G-Slow, it looks like Noise Mob contributed to the celebration of G-Slow joining Standart by rapping over the track “Yallah” from G-Slow’s beat tape. The beat itself is sick as hell and just…bless Minos and RHYME-A-. Take a look at the lyrics below and listen to the track, you’ll definitely love it. It makes me wish Noise Mob put out hard tracks like this as they did in the bonus track “Noise Mob” for Minos’s album “Minos in Nuol.”



*T/N: I tried translating the holy lyrics of Minos and RHYME-A- and I'm sure however I translate it won't ever justify the quality of their rhymes, wittiness, and just everything in general so I apologize beforehand. 

 





[VERSE 1 – MINOS]
Without a pulse (Mac) on my iPhone, the screen is written with the words “My galaxy, I go” and I write “Jobs” kind of things
The apple I’m biting onto, it’s the fruit of art and I leave a poem (seed) which is A+; my semen is thick (jeah-)
My white earphones that are shiny – a bundle
Tired of the monotonous color that’s bundling nowadays, STANDART eventually conceived G-Slow
“Happy *uckin’ B-day!!!” I ate my seaweed soup
If my skilled that are tempered are written, then everything becomes a rhyme
An inborn force in writing; struggle every night & day
"Oh, God!!!" They won't let it be on the test
Even starting with my last name is “Choi,” (the best) and my name means HOV, matrix
What can I do? What can I say? Here is Xenadu and I’m Hemmingway
Even if I leave my weapons, I’m Fitzgerald.Gatsby-Heavy weight
This grand loneliness, don’t even touch “Dokdo”
Noise Mob holds up the flag and the only route is to move forward for this mob
Choi Min Ho, the raps that he spit for fun are now making him into a working ant
The act of engraving the stories I easily put aside on top of the notebook. La renaissance (x2)


[HOOK]
Who’s going to stop me. Who gon stop me now
Who’s going to stop me. Who gon stop me now
Who’s going to stop me. Who gon stop me now
Who’s going to stop us. Just back off and leave.

YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH
YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH
YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH
Now's the time it's goin' down



[VERSE 2 - RHYME-A-]
The golden tower of language that was built again after being broken down
We S.T.A.N.D.A.R.T now we're on the top
A place that I can’t reach no matter how much I stretch out my hands
A place where if you’re not one of the chosen ones, you can’t enter
Watching down up from the highest peak
In trying to imitate me, you get hurt and you’re trapped inside a rut called limitations
With that said, you plummet to the bottom
Fools who are like dead skin cells falling apart and crumbling
The fake swag created with alchemy 

No matter how much you powder metal scraps with gold, even as to tempering it, it'll still be just a metal
Your leftover pride is just a bluff; I see it all
Whether it's a dog or a cow, it's sick and you can suck my dick. You just look sick
This beat is making me stronger
Trust me and hold on tight to me. To those who can't seem to communicate:
You wanna be me?
Look carefully

While you’re in the probability to fail, I’m off to multiply to infinity
Does it hurt? Are you suffocating? Then take a rest
I’m off to brew some poison to put into your mic to cut off your oxygen
You can’t even catch up to the half of what’s half of me
Even if you just look, the sky is too high up
Even when I rap nonsense, this high and mighty flow is here to slit your throat
Suckers protect your neck
With G-Slow alone, he put me on top of your entire crew
While you’re panting to raise your voice higher, with just a few rhymes I take off the respirator you’re holding onto


[HOOK]
Who’s going to stop me. Who gon stop me now
Who’s going to stop me. Who gon stop me now
Who’s going to stop me. Who gon stop me now
Who’s going to stop us. Just back off and leave.

YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH
YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH
YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH, YALLAH
Now's the time it's goin' down

Who’s going to stop me. Who gon stop me now
Who’s going to stop me. Who gon stop me now
Who’s going to stop me. Who gon stop me now
Who’s going to stop us. Just back off and leave. 



[OUTRO (Minos & RHYME-A-)]
G-Slow got ma back
Standart got ma back
A fashion victim that awkwardly messes everything up

Tooniverse is what kids watch
We're man on the earth
But ma verse goes to the universe
We Standart M.I.N.O.S m*uckers
We Standart RHYME-A- m'*uckers
We Standart G-Slow m*uckers
High frequency vol.2 m'*uckers


 

1 comment: