Saturday, October 20, 2012

Andup releases MV for "As It is Right Now" (+lyric translations)




Andup releases MV for "As It is Right Now" featuring Brother Su from his EP "20."

Just by the preview shot for the music video, you can already tell that it's hinting at the familiar faces in the underground scene (if you don't know who the guy in the Bulls fitted is, that's Louie from Geeks).

The music video was directed by Jayfactory, who's kind of been getting their name out there for filming MVs with other artists in the hip hop scene and the MV was fairly cute. The effects of the scribbles was suitable with the theme of Andup's EP "20" talking about society and life in the shoes of a recently-aged 20 year old. But it was also a nice transition to go from his home to hanging out with his friends at the Grandline Party.

I really loved this track when his EP came out and I feel like the featuring done by Brother Su wasn't overdone, being present in the track to add a nice harmony and he did well in serving as a break in between the verses.

Anyway, I decided to translate the lyrics so check it out below (and name the faces you recognize in the MV)!





[VERSE 1]
Having fun felt like a sin
I felt like I was confined by the rope I couldn’t see, but now I’m fly
Although I don’t have features that aren’t better off than others,
Despite having to pay the price of joy tomorrow, I’m happy without any worries
This is something I feel in living life for a short amount of time, but there’s nothing left over
The youth of not having to wear a necktie
The only thing that can tie me down is the state of my wallet
Now, make money to play and spend it on what gives you joy
Get ready to enjoy a hell of a ride till the sun rises
The side you’ve hidden, the side you’ve suppressed, spend it now because like mileages, it’ll expire when time passes
The age where you can do everything besides the things you can’t
If you’re going to spend your time boringly now, when will you ever enjoy life?
If it’s money you’re short on, then I’ll spot you so don’t go home


[HOOK - Brother Su]
Right now as it is, the same look as yesterday exactly, I wish this can repeat all day every day
Leave the worries to tomorrow to sort out
Right now as it is, the same look as yesterday exactly, I wish this can repeat all day every day
Leave the troubles to tomorrow to sort out


[VERSE 2]
One might have troubles even at the age of five
But having to carry the burden on your shoulders at that age, you might have ended up crazy today
At this age right now, you probably have to encounter everything
If you wait too long, then the size of the mental breakdown will be bigger later
Let it all out and don’t suppress it and swallow it down
Also, don’t scratch at the spot that you were ripped away from
Livin’ good time; don’t mix in with the crowd surrounding you that’s full of talk and worries
The adults who always scare the younger ones even say that this is the best of times Get rid of all the habits of being insecure and being scared
In living a life holding onto an optimistic mindset, now release all the feelings of being sluggish
Time’s passing by too fast and it’s a waste to be locked up alone
You can’t do anything about the time that’s already passed by, so let it be
The new day you’re given each morning, today is another new one


[HOOK - Brother Su]
Right now as it is, the same look as yesterday exactly, I wish this can repeat all day every day
Leave the worries to tomorrow to sort out
Right now as it is, the same look as yesterday exactly, I wish this can repeat all day every day
Leave the troubles to tomorrow to sort out


[VERSE 3]
Be Free! The high light awaited for a few years
The spotlight necessary isn’t needed at this moment
Even without money, I can run out to the moonlit night to Hankang in Seoul, the (east) ocean for Busan
Since I’m a fresh body, I have a glass without any side dishes
If you can’t drink, I won’t force it, but at least clink your glass
My heart feels easy-going without feeling like I’m being driven away by something
And now I send a text message to my mom who’s rushing me (I love you, mom)


[HOOK - Brother Su]
Right now as it is, the same look as yesterday exactly, I wish this can repeat all day every day
Leave the worries to tomorrow to sort out
Right now as it is, the same look as yesterday exactly, I wish this can repeat all day every day
Leave the troubles to tomorrow to sort out




Source: Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment