Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nuttyverse releases mini album 'NV Sensation' and MV for title track 'My Hood'




Having released his first single 'The Right Way' in 2012, rapper Nuttyverse released his mini album 'NV Sensation' on the 15th along with the music video for the title track 'My Hood.'

The mini album consists of six tracks in total and Nuttyverse wrote, composed, produced, and even went beyond in planning for promotions as well as sketching out the visual concept for this album.

The two tracks 'My Hood' and 'Midnight Film' were both produced by Kimparkchella, who is also being praised for his newly released, self-produced album. The title track 'My Hood' uses a hooded sweater as a theme of all genders being able to enjoy wearing it despite any weather and has a cheerful rhythm to it while 'Midnight Film' on the other hand talks about the emotions that soak into your heart each night. The track 'Midnight Film' could be considered as the more insightful collaboration between the two artists and the checkpoint to understanding the direction that the album takes. The other tracks also showcase their individual charms, like the track 'PROVE' showing Nuttyverse's unique tightness, 'You Can Talk Informally' bringing up the awkward atmosphere of when you first meet someone and trying to resolve it by talking informally, criticizing the people who claim to be rappers when they produce displeasing music resembling raucous with 'Swarm of Cicada,' and finding the importance in little things between friendships through 'Hey Guys.'

The album features female vocalist Gugustar and Dong Kyung while producers such as Kimparkchella, BLASTI, Jay Kidman, Jackeffect, and Bronchild all participated in the album, adding onto the completeness of it. Meanwhile, the music video was produced and completed by director IPTC, who is also actively promoting in the scene with various works.


Source: Hiphopplaya





[Verse 1]
Everyone's a sinner when it comes to fashion
Everyone tries to seek being fresh but seeing the items that the fashionistas sport, they all sort it by colors
Hoodie, zip up, check
Even the dogs on the streets wear hoodie as if they knew what looked cool
I always repeat in picking up and putting down the coat and in the end, I find my branded hoodie
Besides the hot summer, I wear it throughout all three seasons
This is the realest in fashion, perfect
If I had a solid colored t-shirt, you don't even have to say anything becuase I check that I'm wearing a hoodie with it
I stick my hands in the loose pockets and walk along the asphalt block, keeping my steps at a 2, 4 rhythm
My feeling right now is on high on the frequency

[Hook]
My stylish hoodie
My small house is my hood
My hood is comfortable for me whenever
Mix and match the colors and wear it; my hood

Red, black, grey (my hood)
Green, blue, beige (my hood)
White, brown, navy (my hood)
Mix and match the colors and wear it; my hood

[Verse 2]
It's basic but still a desirable item
I spit my raps in wanting to become like Shady, just like the opening for the Lose Yourself music video
I first found out about the coolness of hoodies
Before they became a part of coordinated outfits for kids who rap, it filled up my entire closet but now it's become a part of everyone
It's a savior in being able to cover my bare face and the skin troubles that my hair can't hide
It makes a fatty look slimmer and an anchovy look more filling, this is the charms of a hoodie
I want to live more like a cooler guy so I put my hoodie on with both fists clenched
With my hat and hand's up and hand's high up to the sky, I only need my hoodie - I don't need a coordinator (stylist)

[Hook]
My stylish hoodie
My small house is my hood
My hood is comfortable for me whenever
Mix and match the colors and wear it; my hood

Red, black, grey (my hood)
Green, blue, beige (my hood)
White, brown, navy (my hood)
Mix and match the colors and wear it; my hood

[Bridge]
Although we can't sport it like Levitt or GD but everyone wants to be shone on their own ray of sunshine so start off with confidence and wear it confidently
The solution is a hoodie so don't wander somewhere else
Everyone knows this makes you look cool but don't throw away coolness by claiming we're all copycats 
Tank top, short sleeve t-shirts, and hoodies - that's fashion
What else is there to say when that itself is fashion

[Hook] x2
My stylish hoodie
My small house is my hood
My hood is comfortable for me whenever
Mix and match the colors and wear it; my hood

Red, black, grey (my hood)
Green, blue, beige (my hood)
White, brown, navy (my hood)
Mix and match the colors and wear it; my hood


Lyrics Source: Olleh Music

No comments:

Post a Comment