Friday, August 16, 2013

Reddy releases single "Let's Live on the Riverside"






Released as a digital single on the 16th, Reddy releases music video for his latest single "Let's Live on the Riverside." 

The track was produced by Kid Ash, fellow crew member of Cohort as he featured in the track as well. The music video was directed by Kang Seung Won of August Frogs; Reddy is currently gearing up for the release of his upcoming debut album [Commitment] which is set to release on August 29th. 


Source: Hiphopplaya




 




[INTRO]
I continue as I dream of living on the riverside
If this is a joke, then this moment is a waste of my time
I don't just talk since I'm not an easy person
Listen up and from now on, I'm going to start in introducing myself


[VERSE 1 - REDDY]
My pants continue to sag beneath my bottom
No one knew that I'd survive 
Where did all the kids who looked down on me go?
Don't ever say you're pursuing hip hop while staying dressed like that wherever you go
I'm a Seoul native and I'm momentarily avoiding the showers
Don't be disappointed now. I'm dead?
I haven't even started yet as I have a long way ahead of me
At first, I'm flying towards the envisioned dream inside my head
Who knew that I'd become friends with B-Free
Mister P was the first voice I listened to when I was in the military
Just a few years ago I was standing beneath the crowd and now I'm on top of this small stage
The ratio to my protein is 9:1 of effort and talent
I continue to raise my dreams as people continue to talk behind my back
No matter how much you talk, it just hurts your mouths; your words merely tickle me
In the house that oversees the river, you'll see by the people that gather around of how I'm living my dream so come and fight me whenever


[HOOK]
I continue as I dream of living on the riverside
If this is a joke, then this moment is a waste of my time
I don't just talk since I'm not an easy person
Listen up and from now on, I'm going to start in introducing myself


[VERSE 2 - KID ASH]
Killer whales on the fuckin beat
We're the Moby Dick cruising on the ocean floor beneath
We're careful unlike you guys that get swallowed in the ocean waves suddenly
Your music isn't acknowledged as it's just humorous like comedy
God is always fair and He ended your life
It's too late for regrets and you can't turn back time
The ocean scent started to spread and we're killer whales
You row your boats; we did it right while you did it through boats
Since you guys are sloppy with your work, you miss opportunities
It looks like your opportunities, your turn, the anticipation built up of you, and your future are all going to fly away
What are you so confident?
You're so dim and frustrating. We should take this chance to drive away all the people who can't succeed. Maybe then you'll know and be tense
Whose turn will it be next? Focus, you fool
I can never relax as the blood I sweat is worth the price of the house on the riverside
Now it just the beginning, the very, very beginning
I start from the ground up and int he end I'm going to buy that house on the riverside

I continue with the dream of living on the riverside


[VERSE 3 - REDDY]

The more you're in a rush, you keep spinning but I've already spun around once
Although I've done this for 2 years, there's no rings on my fingers
I know better than anyone else that I'd do well
I don't have to talk since those who see me will say it first
The earnings through my sweat will turn into a festival for us tomorrow
Let's pop champagne bottles and give a toast

I wear my Bakley Posite and walk on this hard road ahead
'Sir I'm not a role model' is written beneath my feet
Even if I make a lot, I wear what I wear
I won't wear hats with eyes and ears hanging off of them even if you told me to 
Even if the changes to tomorrow, my attitude won't change
Even if you gathered us up in a well, we're like the Pacific
You can try to copy us but you can't
Although we're Seoul, like Lotte, the giant New Seoul is our neighborhood
Here we make money and play; while my starting point was a little late, I'm still faster than you soaring with the Hi-Lite you dreamed of
I'm a player just like Usain and my house address is 'dreams come true'


[HOOK]
I continue as I dream of living on the riverside
If this is a joke, then this moment is a waste of my time
I don't just talk since I'm not an easy person
Listen up and from now on, I'm going to start in introducing myself

No comments:

Post a Comment