Thursday, November 8, 2012

Soriheda releases preview track "The Owl's Night" featuring Marina Zettl & Paloalto



Soriheda releases preview track "The Owl's Night" featuring Marina Zettl and Paloalto.

In await of Soriheda releasing his tracklist for his upcoming album "Soriheda 2," Soriheda decided to give a sneak peek to fans with the track "The Owl's Night." What's interesting about this track is that the female vocalist Marina Zettl is from Vienna. The collaboration between Marina and Palo definitely mixed well and the song had a very smooth sound to it. I didn't see much "retro" as Soriheda labeled the overall sound for his album to be, but I like the fact that he added hints of brass instruments to create the jazzy-like feel. All in all, solid for a preview track and nothing too heavy to drive people away from the upcoming album. Take a listen to the track and read the lyrics below!



[VERSE 1 – Marina Zettl]
When the day goes to sleep, darkness is Alive.
I slowly start to rise  
Silence makes my heart go slow, our wishes bloom in hiding and let my mind run free

When your eyes are shut, I'm wide awake
You're lost in dreams; we'll meet along the way

Let's turn the night into day
Roam around relentlessly
The time is mine and mine alone

[HOOK – Marina Zettl]
All this fear and sorrow gets washed away into the night
They are gone until tomorrow while the owl takes flight

[VERSE 2 – PALOALTO]
I find myself thinking more once the sun sets
It’s hard to understand for those
A sweet slumber is vital in the night
This important night is a sweet time for me
Heda swimming in sounds stole my sleep away
Across the seas, Marina as well gave up her sleep
Like the insides of clubs booming during the weekends, we’re busily moving in preparing to

[HOOK – Marina Zettl]
All this fear and sorrow gets washed away into the night
They are gone until tomorrow while the owl takes flight

[VERSE 3 – PALOALTO]
It’s not laziness for me to wake up late in the afternoon
My night just makes others fall asleep
While others are dream after falling asleep, I head towards where? To my workroom to make my dreams into a reality
Why aren’t you still sleeping? Stop asking questions
Huck P also said once that “History is made at night”
It’s my turn to bring joy to you from my oversleeping
Feel the universal-like night with me

[HOOK – Marina Zettl]
All this fear and sorrow gets washed away into the night
They are gone until tomorrow while the owl takes flight

1 comment:

  1. The melody is from Souls of Mischief - Never No More.

    ReplyDelete