Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Crucial Star pre-releases 'Blessing' off of upcoming album for free




Marked for the 16th, Crucial Star is set to release his first official album [Midnight]. Despite the release being only a day away (KST), it looks like he couldn't wait any longer as he decided to give fans a taste of what the album was like by releasing for free 'Blessing,' one out of the 15 tracks on his new album. The song's title speaks for itself. Crucial Star counts off the blessings in his life, from typical mentions like his parents to hearing familiar names like The Quiett and label Grandline Entertainment. Not to mention, he thanks his fans. It's a nice little treat for his fans who've been waiting for an album from him since last year when he released [Fall].

Meanwhile, [Midnight] has a special meaning in its release date, as October 16th is Crucial Star's birthday. Celebrating his birthday on the album are familiar to not-so-familiar names in Korean hip hop like Louie of Geeks, Lovey (featured in 'Flat Shoes' on album [Fall]), Donutman, Loco, Mayson the Soul, and Konsoul, as well as some surprising names like Bob James, two-time Grammy Award-winning smooth jazz keyboardist. Fans interested in the album can preorder the physical copy through Yesasia or wait for Grandline to have it up in the iTunes store soon. We also might be doing a giveaway for the album soon so stay tuned!


Below is a link to the song and translated lyrics if you want to check it out! And make sure to check out Crucial Star's 'Paris' MV if you haven't!







I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
Blessing, blessing, yeah
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
Blessing, it's a blessing

The first blessing is being born as the son of my parents
The home I grew up in was an environment of an artist
I grew up learning a lot from seeing what was around me - this is God's blessing
Because they understood, I was able to rap to my heart's content

The second blessing is being the new member of Soul Company
I was a lucky guy, winning in the odds of 300:1
I don't have any thoughts of denying the bad opinions
I was a rascal but I'm going to keep proving myself

The third blessing was meeting my role mode, the Q hyung
I held the pen for the first time after having listened to his first album
Sometimes we ask how each other are dong or even meet up
And when we do, I'm always shaking in nervousness; it's like his halo never disappears

The fourth blessing is definitely Grandline
I'm hustlin' for the people who recognized me
They helped me pursue music deeper
Business rappers? Think twice about it
Because of all the blessings mentioned above, I was able to receive a greater blessing: my fans
Every time I grow conceited in forgetting to be grateful, I remember the eyes that look at me at shows
I regain focus and grab the microphone
Money and honor is good too but what follows suit of those two is repaying the blessings I've earned
Even if you can't change everyone, if we can change you uh

I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
Blessing, blessing, yeah
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
Blessing, it's a blessing

What wakes my insufficient self up today is this blessin'
My everything that shined
A blessin', a blessin'
What fills my insufficient self up today is this blessin'
My everything that shined
A blessin', a blessin'

I only imagined the reality that I achieved today
Seeing the performance hall fill up with hundreds of people who come to see me
It's a blessin', I love my life
I hear my song humming inside a cafe
Although I still have a long way to go, I stop to celebrate a bit
My father said thanks to his son, he enjoys going to school
My mother returns home with a smile on her face after having gone to her school reunion
I think I know what true happiness is now
This place is busy with people rivaling one another with art
I of course don't back down with my skills but I'm looking at a different picture than others
My dream is to change your lives
That's why if your dreams are achieved, then my dreams are achieved too
It's like the connecting link* to you and me
This is such a grand value for a little guy like me
My inspiration is the stories of your lives
That's why without you, my music doesn't exist
If my music doesn't exist, then I don't exist
I'm nothing without my fans and also wouldn't be where I am today without my haters too
I'm thankful for all the love and blessings, and now it's my turn to bless your lives
Through the only skill I have, make something out of nothing and bring optimism from pessimism
Blessin'

I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
Blessing, blessing, yeah
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
I'm receiving it, your undeserving love
Blessing, it's a blessing

What wakes my insufficient self up today is this blessin'
My everything that shined
A blessin', a blessin'
What fills my insufficient self up today is this blessin'
My everything that shined
A blessin', a blessin'

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the translation! I appreciate your updates & lyrics translations~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so bad that you stopped updating this site.. :(

    ReplyDelete