Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Kimparkchella releases new album 'Love Peace Revolution'





I've been waiting for nothing more than Kimparkchella's new album and it's finally here. I remember he hinted he was in the works of a new album around the beginning of this year and finally, on November 8th, he released his newest album 'Love Peace Revolution.'

Although he's put out albums before, this is his first ever solo album under the name "Kimparkchella." He's started to work under the name for producing or featuring for other people but his past solo album was under the pen name Ponytail. Anyway, because it is an official album and the first to be under his name, I think that's what took so long for it to release. With Analog Boy, Paloalto, Fana, Saetbyeol, Soulman, Huck P, and other popular artists on the album, it's no doubt that he was guaranteeing a quality album and he delivered it.

Chella decided to use the track 'Adore You' for his title track from the album and released the music video on the 12th featuring both Nuck of Soul Dive and Kream. The track had sort of a lulling sound with the guitar done by Chella and Kream's part did his job giving the track a lighter feel with his vocals. If he had more parts, it'd probably kill the song since he wasn't that great of a vocalist in my opinion. As for Nuck...I can't say anything because translating the lyrics, my fingers and toes curled from the cheesiness and yeah...let's not talk about Nuck's lyrics. Speaking of lyrics though, if you're interested, check out the translations below!




[Intro - Nuck of Soul Dive]
Chella & N.U.C.K S.O.U.L.D.I.V.E
Adore You, let's go

[Verse 1 - Nuck]
The first time I saw her was when I woke up from the sounds of my mother playing the piano for her lessons
I felt something burning up but I simply wash it away
I'd ride my skateboard along the lake
Who cares about homework and they all fade away
I keep having fun without a care of not knowing what rules and laws are
Grades? I flunk everything besides English and P.E
And that's when I saw her for the second time that day
A-F-K-N Soultrain's weekend
I've spent countless nights staying up with drumming rhythms and warm LPs would comfort me
At times I'd spend my afternoons with the unwinding cassette tapes and take out
Coffee time was the third time! She approaches me to my side in a newly way

[Hook - Kream]
Hey, Love, I'm nervous just as I used to be
Hey, Love, continue to come towards me
Hey, Love, like the times when you first embraced me
I'm calling for you again at this very moment

[Verse 2 - Nuck]
The fourth time we met was so fresh, so clean
My CDP allowed me to take both the bus and the beats
I'm drawn to the pure ladies and it was a period of time when I'd collect them one by one to fill me up
I'd lose track of day and night in trying to make her
I'd wrestle and fight with my speakers, making it cry and laugh, and the vibrations of the bass would make me cry once more
Remember that in reminiscing the days of your roots; you are music
My grandmother's voice I miss, my father's humming, and the butterflies I had in confessing to her
Also, this very moment as I stand on stage
Yes!! This is unforgettable like a love story
I'm taking you with me and going on air
We're overcoming the barrier of ethnicity across the ocean over there in delivering the strength of love

[Hook 2 - Nuck & Kream]
Hey, Love (Hey, Love) It's You
Hey, Love (Hey, Love) It's You
Hey, Love (Hey, Love) It's You
Cupid hit me 
What's your name, girl 
Music with me, I feel it whenever

[Bridge - Nuck]
Some say she's become cheap and light, and that there's no hope to her
I cry as if I'm imprisoned without a fence but I still love her
She waits for me; free the music
Yes!! This is unforgettable like a love story
I'm taking you with me and going on air
Deliver this strength of love that was able to overcome the wall of hearts 

[Hook - Kream]
Hey, Love, I'm nervous just as I used to be
Hey, Love, continue to come towards me
Hey, Love, like the times when you first embraced me
I'm calling for you again at this very moment

[Hook 2 - Nuck & Kream]
Hey, Love (Hey, Love) It's You
Hey, Love (Hey, Love) It's You
Hey, Love (Hey, Love) It's You
Cupid hit me 
What's your name, girl 
Music with me, I feel it whenever



Since I love the album so much and have been waiting for it for a while, I chose a track that was my favorite and decided to translate it. Half of it is because I'm a huge fan of Paloalto if you cant' tell but the other half was because the song was so perfect in many ways. How was it perfect? First off, everything pieced together. Usually I have this pet peeve where I'll really like a song based on how it sounds but when I read the lyrics, it's the complete opposite from what I was expecting and be thrown off by it. However, this track all centered around its theme. The theme was about an adult reminiscing on their childhood and how as an adult, they've shed their innocence over the years and found their breaking point of wanting to detach from their childhood since they no longer resemble it. I normally don't look for themes in songs but I'd like for a song to have one to bring out better quality lyrics from an artist but also give the opportunity for the artist to make the song into their own by being able to narrate their story, to which I believe is what makes up hip hop mostly, by telling and sharing your story. Anyway, the title is very interesting also. The literal translation is 'Imago' which is the last stage of metamorphosis of an insect and they attain maturity (stole this from Wikipedia).

TLDR: I really like this song and I translated it. Go listen to it.



[Verse 1 - Paloalto]
The once boy has grown into an adult now and the naive image before is growing further away
I've already changed too much for me to fit in with my memories
I go
You can't live with purely passion alone and you can't live passionately for what you want
I try to protect the things I love and in the process, I'd step over others in trying to win against them
Although that sin bothers me, I can't easily wash it away
Rather than being a shelter for others, I used my shoulder to push over the person next to me
I don't want to become a fake wearing a mask in acting nice
I wonder, what kind of person will I become and remain as in the future?
It's been a long while since the innocence in me rebelled
But one things' the same and I'm still looking at the light that shines bright

[Hook - Kream]
Boy oh boy, let go of my hand so I can soar
I beg to you oh, even if you hold onto me, I can only leave now

[Verse 2 - Paloalto]
The dreams I dreamed of when I was younger became reality
What I've achieved since then hasn't become a waste
I feel lonely whenever the friends who supported me slowly disappeared from my side one by one
But I'm not permitted to wallow in my memories or be sad because once the time of when we made our promise passes by, I end up forgetting about it
As time passes by, I grow accustomed to the small goodbyes
To become used to something makes me parched
I realize a lot of things but it's still all confusing to me right now
The only answer I know is that I don't know the answers
I'm just expressing my life out of my instincts
Although I can't see what my life looks like from the eyes of God, my resentment still breathes
I can't stop and I'm going to survive
The boy is now an adult and this isn't a joke

[Hook - Kream]
Boy oh boy, let go of my hand so I can soar
I beg to you oh, even if you hold onto me, I can only leave now



Lyrics Source: Music Olleh

No comments:

Post a Comment